Pork Loin Steaks in Creamy Shallot and Mushrooms Sauce
- 4 pork loin steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 shallots chopped
- 2-3 large field mushrooms or portobello mushrooms chopped
- 2 rosemary sprigs chopped
- a splash of cognac or brandy optional
- 1/4 cup stock pork or chicken
- 1 tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 200 g / 2/3 cup creme fraiche or heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub your pork loin steaks with some sea salt.
- In a cast-iron pan or a stainless steel pan heat a tablespoon of olive oil and brown your steaks in it for no longer than 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove your meat on a separate plate and set aside.
- To the same pan add shallots and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly to avoid burning for 3 minutes, then add mushroom and chopped rosemary and cook for 5 more minutes.
- When shallot and mushroom juices evaporate and the pan is dry, hit it with a shot of cognac while scraping the burnt bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add stock, whole grain mustard, creme fraiche and stir to combine.
- Return pork loin steaks to the pan, bring to a boil and let it simmer for 2 minutes longer and take the pan off the heat. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed. Enjoy with rice or potatoes.